Sunday, October 18, 2009

I LOVE COLOR - looking at it NOT CHOOSING IT





I started to pick new paint colors for my living room, family room and guest bedroom with gray and some pale blues...too gray and too blue with too much blue in the blue and too much green in the blue and too much blue in the gray... and you get it!
















I decided to move on and used the colors from this darling table topper and pin cushion my sister Joan made for me. I love the colors and think I did pretty good getting the paint chip to match. I even went around the house deciding what wall to paint what color and put up sticky notes.

After a restless night of sleeping..... ya you get it....




and closing in on criminal insanity I pulled some favorite fabrics from my stash, taped them to a board and headed off to Home Depot one more time. Removed my glasses, squinted my eyes and pulled these colorful paint chips to match the fabric.


I know why I like cross stitch... I just pull the suggested fabric and thread and follow the pattern!! I don't have to think how it will all look when I'm finished!! I know it will be fantastic.

But choosing new colors for my house....YIKES!! I just keep telling myself it's only paint. If you don't like it you can paint over it!! Let's see how well this design venture goes!!

Stay tuned...the paint guy comes tomorrow morning!

4 comments:

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

I don't think there's anything harder than choosing paint colors, Cari! My poor Rob will attest to that! We've (and by we, I mean he) painted so many times I've now lost count!

Good luck! Can't wait to see how it looks!

Loraine said...

I love some of your choices! You can't go wrong with those great colors.
My favorite red is "Black Eyed Susan" from Porter Paint. (Home Depot can look up the recipe)
Lenox Tan and a shaker beige (Porter Paint) are both great tans.
Try Grey Expectations from Porter as well. It is a great grey-blue.
I hate picking paint, but I had great luck with these colors.
I love the colors you chose from the pincushion! Perfect.
I hope it turns out wonderful. Just remember to give it about 5 days before you're paint cures to the right color. I was ready to paint over my Lenox Tan after a day. I even went on bought another 5 gallons of a different tan, but ended up loving it once the color cured.
Can't wait to see the results. Hope this helps.
Hugs!

Cathy Lloyd said...

I love your colors...it's all a study in color!

Kellie said...

I heart the colors that match the pin cushion. Good luck that is so exciting. I really want to see some finished pictures.