Wednesday, May 4, 2011

God Blessed America

God blessed America and I am so very proud of our national bird, the Bald Eagle.  Brenda Gervais of With thy Needle & Thread designed this "Soar" sampler.   It was inspired by a family of eagles, living in Iowa, that captured the hearts of America.  I fell in love with this family at first look and when Brenda offered this piece on her blog  www.withthyneedleandthread.blogspot.com   it was a must have for me.  This pattern is only available from Brenda's blog.  A portion of the purchase price is donated to the Raptor Resource Project, the organization responsible for the live feed of this amazing Bald Eagle family. 





I stitched this design on 32 ct. Lakeside Linen, Vintage Sienna Night-double dyed.  I did my own color conversion from the suggested DMC to assorted Crescent Colors Belle Soie and Thread Gatherers Silk 'n Colors from my stash.  I am delighted with the results.

I must include some pics of the cats too.  I was searching for some fabric for the Soar sampler and one of the drawers in my fabric dresser was STUCK.  So I pulled another drawer out, searched around for fabric and took some outside to check the color.  OK...back in the house and Belle had found a new napping place.  It was quite an effort to get her out of there!!


I usually put my stitching projects in various serving trays so I can easily move from outside table, to inside table, to stitching chair.  Obviously when my project was on the table, Cassanova decided to hold down the 'fort' so to speak.  Now that is one full tray of 'Red Cat'.


Thanks for stopping by.  I so enjoy your comments and friendship.  Happy Stitching

23 comments:

mary said...

Love your latest piece! I have it in my to do pile to be stitched on canvas (someday). :) I love your tray idea. I have two very cool trays that I bought some time ago that have been just sitting around waiting for a purpose. I stitch upstairs, downstairs, and eveywhere in between. :) Thanks for the idea!!

Mary

Julie M said...

Cute eagle finish Cari! It's addicting watching the eagles isn't it. I had to laugh at the kitties, they sure know how to make themselves at home!

Andrea said...

Your Soar sampler is just gorgeous! Love the colors you chose!

What a great idea for the tray! I never would've thought of that, thanks!

Cute kitties :)

Cindy's Stitching said...

What a nice piece. I have never seen the design before. Well done.

Deanna said...

love this piece! And those cats. LOL! Too funny.

Glenna said...

Very pretty color choices! So funny about the cats--I have to be careful about leaving drawers open, especially if someone has a slightly sticky bottom. Horrifying.

Nancy said...

Love your SOAR Sampler! Your color choices are so pretty! Can't believe that you have finished yours already! Congratulations!

JOLENE said...

Bravo!!!! I bought this pattern to stitch later, but now I see yours done, I need to get started on it soon. Your version of SOAR turned out beautiful. Those eagles have been fun to watch. Smiles and hugs dear friend!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Love your Soar Sampler, Cari! The fabric and floss colors are wonderful. I bought the pattern to stitch for my mom and my DF Sheila who both were enamored of the eagle family.

Love the pics of your kitty cats! They are livin' the life!

Deborah said...

Love Soar! I have the designbut haven't kitted it up yet. I love the fabric that you used. Could the kitties be any cuter.

mdgtjulie said...

Your Soar Sampler looks good. And so do your cats, lol. My Yes Dear will stop whatever she's doing when she hears a drawer open so she can try and get in it. She can be eating, sleeping, whatever!!!

Loraine said...

So wonderful Cari! I really like this sampler too. Thanks for sharing.
the kitties are hilarious. I think all cats have not shame, do they? Mine would join you in a second. LOL
Hugs to you.

Margaret said...

Love your SOAR sampler! Wow, it came out so beautifully! The colors you used are just gorgeous, and I love the Sienna Night fabric too! Great job choosing! lol about your kitty taking over your fabric drawer! That's definitely something Mia would do. And also taking over the tray -- another typical move. These cats of ours -- such cuties! :D Don't we love them? Yes!

Berit said...

Congrats on this finish--love the linen and your beautiful cats!

Siobhán said...

Your cats are too cute!!

FANTASTIC finish!! I love that Soar sampler. I have a 'thing' for birds so it warms my heart that some of the proceeds from the sale of the charts go to help the raptors. Congratulations!

Cathy Lloyd said...

Your kitties are so cute! They are well loved! Oh your Soar! So stinkin' cute! I showed my little darlings the eagles and babies yesterday. The LOVED watching all the videos! Too FUN!

Sharon said...

Cari, what a gorgeous finish! I just recently purchased that sampler myself. Congrats on a fab finish!

Nicole said...

Congrats on the finish Cari!! It looks great!! :)

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Love your color choices on the linen and fibers of your Soar sampler--and I'm amazed that you've finished it already! Do you have an electric needle?

You kitties are way too cute, as well.

woolwoman said...

Cari - your silk conversion for Soar turned out beautifully - I love it on the vintage sienna. Now those kitties are just too cute arent they - so sweet - enjoy your weekend and have a happy MD ! Mel

Giovanna said...

Beautiful sampler, Cari - congrats!

Gabi said...

What a beautiful finish. Just lovely.

Mereknits said...

Cari,
I stopped by the yarn store to see you last Tuesday and found out you have the summer off. I will miss your beautiful face.
Meredith